Applications for the Landstar Scholarship Fund for the 2019-2020 academic school year are now available. The deadline to apply is March 4, 2019.
The Landstar Scholarship Fund was established to recognize and reward outstanding undergraduate academic achievement and civic involvement of children of Landstar employees, business capacity owners (BCOs) and independent sales agents.
Landstar Scholarship Fund recipients are well rounded individuals who succeed both in and out of the classroom and whose qualities exemplify Landstar’s commitment to excellence.
Scholarships are awarded based on a student’s:
- Academic excellence
- Community service
- Extracurricular activities
Eligible candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Scholarships are only available to children of full-time Landstar employees, BCOs and agents, as well as employees of BCOs and agents currently under contract with a Landstar company. Children of deceased Landstar employees, BCOs or agents who died while employed by or under contract with a Landstar company are also eligible for scholarships.
- Eligible candidates must be enrolled in high school full time and be planning to be enrolled full time (12 or more credit hours/semester) at an accredited two- or four-year college or university during the academic year for which the scholarship may be granted.
- All candidates must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Candidates enrolled in an accredited two- or four-year college or university must successfully complete a minimum of 12 credit hours before the applications deadline (March 4, 2019).
- Candidates must also be planning to be enrolled full time (12 or more credit hours per semester) at their college or university during the academic year for which the scholarship is granted.
Download the appropriate application, complete and mail to:
Landstar Scholarship Fund
Attention: Don Stambaugh
13410 Sutton Park Drive, South
Jacksonville FL 32224
*An appropriate receipt will be mailed back to you
All materials must be received no later than the date specified on the scholarship application.
The deadline to apply for the Landstar scholarship for the 2018-2019 academic year is March 4, 2019.
Once the applications are received, an independent selection committee will evaluate all the applications and choose scholarship recipients.
The total number of scholarships awarded in any year cannot exceed 25 percent of the total number of applications received. The number of scholarships to be awarded will be determined following the scholarship application deadline. Award amounts are typically between $2,500 and $5,000 per scholarship for the upcoming school year. Awards are announced each year during the Landstar Agent Convention. All applicants should receive a mailed letter by the end of April advising if they are selected as a 2019 – 2020 Landstar Scholarship Fund recipient. If you submitted an application and have not received a notification by the end of April, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.