The Landstar Roadstar® honor, first bestowed in 1990, pays tribute to the independent Landstar owner-operators who go the extra mile to deliver professionalism and customer service on a daily basis.
As Landstar’s highest honor for business capacity owners (BCOs), the company’s term for independent owner-operators with exclusive lease agreements, Roadstar award winners are considered the most elite professional drivers.
Each of the 14 Roadstar honorees inducted during the 2018 Landstar BCO All-Star Celebration in July are productive, profitable and exceptional in all aspects of operating his or her business. These men and women are all Million Mile Safe Drivers, who are praised by Landstar agents and employees alike in order to be considered for Roadstar status.
The addition of the Class of 2017 Roadstar recipients raises the total number of active Landstar Roadstar owner-operators to 175. Since establishing the award, 469 men and women have earned Landstar Roadstar status.
To be eligible for the honor, a Roadstar nominee must:
- Be a Landstar BCO who has earned status as a Landstar Million Mile Safe Driver having driven one, two, three or four million miles without a preventable accident
- Provide an example to other professional truck operators by adhering to DOT regulations and supporting Landstar’s safety-first culture
- Have a positive, cooperative attitude during interactions with customers, agents and employees
- Produce significant revenue
The Class of 2017
- Kevin Bouchard – Lincoln, Maine
- Michael Brown – Laurel, Mississippi
- Paul Christensen – Manning, Iowa
- Thomas Cox – Moultrie, Georgia
- Kody Giacomo – Mt. Vernon, Illinois
- Lloyd Lampman – Portage, Wisconsin
- Cecilia Logan – Hartford, Alabama
- Robert Martin – Orangeburg, South Carolina
- Michael Mathews – Bluffs, Illinois
- Garald McCullough – South Bend, Indiana
- Lori Nelson – Marana, Arizona
- Alan Poole – Heber City, Utah
- William Sheckels – Clarksville, Tennessee
- Danny Trull – Eupora, Mississippi