Landstar Safety Officers (LSOs) share the commitment to Landstar’s safety-first culture. Each independent Landstar agency designates an LSO who actively supports all of Landstar’s safety, security and compliance programs, and initiatives.
LSOs keep Landstar agencies on the road to success in many ways:
- Landstar Safety Officers help train and educate agency staff on safety initiatives and complete and accurate dispatch procedures.
- LSOs attend safety meetings, participate in the Safety Thursday Conference Calls and with Landstar’s Loss Prevention Program.
- The LSO’s mission is to prevent accidents and cargo claims by actively supporting all of Landstar’s safety initiatives.
- LSOs encourage BCOs to attend safety meetings and appreciation events.
- Landstar Safety Officers work with the customer to build and sustain a safety-first culture and safe work environment under the Mutual Understanding of Safety Together (M.U.S.T.) Program.
- LSOs keep BCOs informed of over-the-road and equipment maintenance safety issues.
There are more than 1,000 Landstar Safety Officers in North America who keep Landstar as an industry leader in safety. Each month, one LSO is selected for recognition of his or her efforts to embrace and implement the LSO mission. Of those 12 selected, one “LSO of the Month” is ultimately named the “LSO of Year.”
Join the Landstar Safety Thursday Conference Call on the third Thursday of every month at 12 p.m. (noon) ET, dial 877-717-5921.